Most of us expect to get a few wrinkles when we get older, but we’re often surprised at how soon they appear! Men and women alike spend hundreds of dollars on creams and other products that promise to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Aging is inevitable, but that doesn’t mean we have to stop taking care of our skin. For those looking to bring back that youthful glow, there’s a simple, all-natural eye cream that can help.
What Causes Wrinkles?
Wrinkles are caused by a combination of several factors. Some can be easily controlled, while others are natural:
- Age – As you age, your skin naturally becomes more fragile and loses its elasticity. Decreased production of the natural oils in your skin makes it appear more wrinkled.
- Exposure to UV rays – Ultraviolet radiation speeds up the natural aging process. It’s the main cause of early wrinkling. Exposure to UV rays breaks down collagen and elastin fibers in the skin.
- Smoking – Smoking accelerates the normal aging process of your skin. It contributes to wrinkles, due to changes in the blood supply to your skin.
- Repeated Facial Expressions – Facial expressions such as squinting or smiling can lead to fine lines and wrinkles. Every time you use a facial muscle, a groove forms beneath the surface of the skin. As skin ages, these grooves become permanent.
How To Fix It
Keeping a healthy skin care routine can help prevent early aging. Protecting yourself from UV rays is a vital part of keeping wrinkles at bay. Restoring healthy oils to your skin and using antioxidants to promote healthy skin cells can help reduce fine lines and wrinkles. Instead of spending hundreds on wrinkle-reducing creams, try this 3-ingredient all-natural eye cream. It contains Vitamin E, thyme essential oil, and coconut oil.
Vitamin E has strong antioxidant properties that help fight free radicals that damage the skin. The coconut oil works to moisturize your skin, while providing it with anti-inflammatory properties. Last but not least, thyme essential oil is a natural antioxidant and has been used for years to help tighten skin.
Natural Eye Cream Recipe
- 2 units of Vitamin E squeezed from capsules
- 2 drops of thyme essential oil
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- Combine all 3 ingredients and massage the cream under your eyes. Be sure not to get the mixture into your eyes.
- Wipe off any excess cream with a washcloth.
- Do this 1-2 hours before bed each night.