Did you know that when you shower you make a series of mistakes? For your general health, it’s better to fix this as soon as possible.
The perfect shower shouldn’t ever last longer than 5 to 10 minutes. And, you shouldn’t use more than 25 gallons of water for a bath.
See if you make these mistakes. If you do, try to fix them to enjoy a better well-being.
1. Using hot water
In the winter, this could appear to be a better option. But, you shouldn’t go overboard with the temperature. Otherwise, your skin will feel it.
Keep in mind that hot water dehydrates your skin. And, this can cause effects like dryness and peeling.
However, the negative effects don’t stop there:
- If you shower with water that’s too hot, you run the risk of washing away your skin’s protective oil layer.
This can be harmful. The reason is that it leaves you with out a barrier against bacteria and toxic substances.
- Also, it’s capable of exciting your blood flow too much. This can cause prolonged reddening. It can also cause other negative effects like inflammation, blackheads, and skin dryness.
2. Showering for too long
- Take your time, but not longer than you need. Otherwise, it’ll be counterproductive for you.
Like we’ve indicated, you should never take a shower for more than 10 minutes.
- As with hot water, showering for too long dries your skin out more. And, it causes problems like blackheads and irritation.
3. Overusing soapy products
Body gels and soaps that you find in the market have surfactants. These particles have the job of attaching fat molecules to water.
- However, if you notice that your gel produces too many suds, it’s a sign that it has too much of this substance.
- Keep in mind that, the more suds a gel produces, the more of your protective oil layer it eliminates. This can cause dry, rough skin
At the same time, remember that if you don’t have medical instructions to use antibacterial soaps, there isn’t any need to do so.
4. Be careful with old sponges
It might seem like something that isn’t important. But, using the same pouf for a long time is a great health risk.
You could say that it’s similar to what happens to tooth brushes when they’re used too long.
- You should keep the humidity of the environment in mind. This is because they usually create the perfect conditions for bacterial and fungal growth.
- The solution is not using a sponge for more than 4 weeks (maximum).
- The most recommendable thing is to use a shower glove or hand towel. But, don’t forget to dry it after each use.
5. Rinse well
We can’t forget that any soap residue that is left on your skin can cause irritation. Because of this, you need to verify that you are completely rinsed off after a shower.
For your hair, keep in mind that it should squeak when you wring it out. This way, you can verify that you’ve completely rinsed off your scalp.
6. Rub when you dry
Drying your skin correctly is of equal importance to washing yourself well. Because of this, you need to be careful with the towels you use.
Keep in mind that the best ones are not rough. And, they should leave your body a little moist.
When you’re dry, don’t forget to use a body cream or lotion to moisturize your skin.
7. Showering twice
Showering more than once a day might be something you normally do. This is especially true if you go to the gym or do physical work. But, this isn’t good either.
If you need to take a second shower, try to make it as quick as possible without soap: just try to rinse off any sweat and dirt.
8. Avoid shaving while bathing
Many women who shave do so in the shower. This is because it’s much more comfortable.
However, you should keep in mind that shaving your legs when taking a shower can cause irritation.
So, it’s a good idea to take some precautions when you shave. These include using shaving gels and foams. And, you should always use cold or lukewarm water.