Losing weight to keep your body healthy can be a challenge. Even when we start to see the pounds fall off, there are often stubborn spots that seem to want to hold on to extra body fat. Arms are one of those common spots for women. If your diet is on point and you’re killing it in the gym, but your arms just aren’t where you want them to be, follow these tips to help give them that extra push!
1. Tricep Push-Ups
- To perform tricep push-ups, place your hands underneath your shoulders, shoulder width apart.
- Spread your fingers and place equal weight on both hands.
- Squeeze your abdominal muscles and straighten your legs behind you, coming up on the balls of your feet.
- Activate your leg muscles and push out from your heels. Keep your lower back straight.
- Begin push-ups and exhale as you press back up to the starting position.
2. Tricep Chair Dips
- Place a chair against a wall with the seat facing toward you (you can also use the edge of a table or a workout bench).
- Stand 1-2 feet in front of the edge of the chair, facing the opposite direction.
- Place your hands behind you, shoulder width apart, and grip the edge of the chair with your fingers.
- Bend your knees to a 90-degree angle and inhale as you bend your elbows, bringing your butt toward the floor.
- Exhale as you raise your body back to the starting position, and be careful not to hyperextend your elbows.
3. Dumbbell Tricep Kickbacks
- Begin with a free weight in your right hand, and rest your left hand and bent left leg on the exercise bench.
- Hold the free weight in your right hand, making sure your back is straight.
- Form a 90-degree angle between your forearm and upper arm, keep your head up and your neck straight.
- Exhale and use your triceps to lift the weight until your right arm is fully extended behind you. Move only your forearm and do not use your left hand or legs.
- When your right arm is fully extended, pause and inhale, then exhale as you bring the free weight back to the starting position.
Watch the video below for more exercises in a workout designed for sculpting your arms!